On October 24, 2014, Archbishop Eamon Martin performed the unveiling of a new shrine at saint Brigid’s Church in Brocagh honoring Venerable Mary Angeline Teresa McCrory, O.Carm. In 1893, Mother Angeline was baptized in the Co. Tyrone Church and lived in the village until she was seven years old. The baptismal font bearing a plaque with the inscription of the date of Mother’s baptism, and the shrine with a portrait of Mother Angeline was blessed during the celebration of the Mass.
After the celebration service, representatives from the Ulster History Circle installed a prestigious commemorative Blue Plaque on the outside of the Church. The Ulster History Circle is a voluntary, not for profit organization that places commemorative plaques in towns and villages in honor of men and women who have contributed to local history. To be considered for Blue Plaque selection, each nominated person has to meet basic selection criteria which include having an association with the province of Ulster through birth, education, work or vocation, and having a significant contribution to the development of industry, commerce, science, arts and literature, education, politics, or international affairs, anywhere in the world. Unveiling ceremonies are attended by descendants, friends and colleagues of the person being commemorated. The cost of plaque design, manufacture and installation is borne entirely by the Ulster History Circle.
Children from the Brocagh National School participated in the celebration, and the event concluded with a buffet tea and a full night of song, music and entertainment. Sr. M. Therese Eileen and Sr. Mary of Jesus represented the Congregation at this community event to recognize Venerable Mary Angeline Teresa McCrory, O.Carm.